Sorry, guys. I’m still getting organized at my new home, sweetmagnoliapatio. This is just a quick post to establish a place for all of my future yoga posts. Mind you, I am still a beginner.
Here is some of what I have learned in 2016, though, about Yoga.
- Yoga is hard and fun.
- Work-outs leave me sore when they are challenging.
- I love all kinds of yoga. I love visiting new and different studios. […]
- I had cried during a yoga class before when the teacher gave a personal story and experience in the beginning and end of the class.
- Certainly, I have sweated my butt off in a hot yoga studio time after time, again and again.
- In Austin, Texas, I have attended a flow class with my girlfriend, and we were high, and it was awesome.
- Outside patio yoga, check. (and it was cold.)
- Yoga with candles, check.
- Yoga on the grass, check. (used a laptop to play the video yoga video that I followed this day.)
- My most recent yoga purchase, (it came in the mail the other day), was a yoga strap. It is awesome!!
- I actually don’t own a yoga mat. Rather, I use carpet, blankets, and gym mats. I rent mats at the studio or leave donations in boxes for borrowing mats if I go to classes. Although, you better believe I have my eye on a mat, and it is made out of recyclable material and is biodegradable, or course!!
- I used to own a yoga block, but my kitten got to it last year. It didn’t make it.
- When I want to work on poses, I break out this large hard surface for my floor, it’s a desk-top. Then, I get busy. I place my gym mat over the counter-like surface.
- The one thing that I can not do yoga without is my wrist guards. I have weak wrists, and they are the most sustainable to injury. (I used to do floor gymnastics as a cheerleader.)
- Some things that I plan to add to my practice are incense, meditation, and music. More candles, my new mat.
Happy yoga in 2017 to you! Practice on!!